Friday, September 17, 2010

One Sick Puppy

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday, but Spencer was...sick. Lots of vomiting.

We did not take him to the vet right away. We thought about it, but you know what? Puppies are like babies. Sometimes they get sick. If he had have continued vomiting at night, we would have taken him. Just tossing that out there so people don't flip on me, and call me a bad owner.

Also, two cats who are very close to our family got put down yesterday. A twenty two year old, belonging to my moms best friend. Also my aunt C's cat, Kali, who had a disease in her bladder that was gradually getting worse. A lot of sadness yesterday, therefore, I was not online.

Aunt C has had many a dog in her life, and when Tilly and Sparky got sick when they were puppies, the vet said to put honey on their gums so they salivate, which will help keep them hydrated. She drove me to the store so I could get honey, and we did it on Spencer.

He wasn't eating or drinking last night, and I guess it was because he was scared he was going to be sick. Just a little while ago, I put more honey on his gums, and then he chowed down on a treat I gave him - which was being used, just to try and get him eating.

I brought his water bowl over, and he devoured half of it. After a few minutes, he looked a hundred times better. He began running around the house, bugging the cats, and getting into things he shouldn't!

Then, he sat at the door and begged to be let out. He went all over the front yard, then the back. He's definately doing a lot better, and I am so bloody relieved it isn't funny.

I also called the vet today, to make an appointment. She said that he should be fine, pups get sick, and we made an appointment for next Friday at six o'clock, for him to go get his second shots, and a booster.

Hopefully today there will be more posts. If not, it's because I'm spending my time with the boy, making sure he's feeling better.

Oh: my super best friend is here, and I'm so glad that Spencer likes her! Last night when he was sick, she sat outside with him - he didn't want to come inside - while I made us dinner. Today he came up onto the couch and cuddled in between us, and when I got up to do stuff, he snuggled her. I think Spencer and K will have an awesome friendship together, if only because she stood strong by his side, in his time of need.

She has really bad circulation, and her hands were nearly black she was so cold - Spencer didn't seem bothered by it, and he whined and growled when I tried to bring him inside - and yet she sat by him, making sure he was okay. When other people tried to feed him, she would rush inside and ask me to make sure it was okay. She sat out with him for almost two hours - I joined her once I finished cooking - and didn't complain once, not even when it looked like her fingers were going to fall off. Talk about a true friend, right? I couldn't ask for anything better, in my human soul mate - K - or my canine soul mate - Spencer. We're going to be together for a long time, the three of us, and really? We couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment