Saturday, October 9, 2010

Half a Month

It's been half a month since I updated this blog, and I apologise. I'm watching Julie and Julia right now (or is it the other way around?) and it made the urge to write here itch so hard, I wanted to physically scratch it.

As you all know, Spencer was sick a few weeks ago. He had to be rushed to the vet, and they gave him medication as well as a "wet food" named 'Medicare'. It's a veterinary food. It looks like rubber, and it smells like vomit, but the dog loved it. I can not understand why. Then again, I can't understand why he likes to sniff my socks and other dogs butts. I guess bad smells equals pleasure in a dogs mind.

The past few weeks have been amazing. Spencer has learned so many amazing things. He can now sit, give paw, lay down and roll over. When he first gave me his paw his heart swelled the same way it did when my niece spoke for the first time. I know that sounds horrible, but my dog is my son. I don't treat him the same way as I would a child, but he holds a similarly special place in my heart.

Spencer has gotten very close with his cat friends, and I have to say that I think he'd like to tell you about the rest of our family. He loves us all and I think he'd want everyone to know about his four legged family.

I'll start with the oldest

Rocky; there's not much to say about Rockster. He's a very tiny, very skittish shorted haired white and brown cat. He's thirteen - almost fourteen - years old. He used to be an outdoor cat, and a great hunter. In his old age, Rocky's settled down. He wants nothing to do with Spence. Rocky has a drooling problem, and a major cuddler. Ladies man for sure!

J.C.; her name sounds for Just Cat, and she's just that; just cat. She's a black and white long haired kitty, with a little black nose. It's so funny actually...J.C. was born two days after my little sister. Back in the day, babies had to be held in a nursery and that's how long it took for my sis, S, to come home. The day she did, Nala - J.C.'s mom - gave birth. That's not the best part though. J.C's dad? His name was Boots. He was born from a litter of kittens that my aunt had had. J.C's blood line goes for a few generations. She had kittens too, but only two of them. One ran away, and the other...he passed on. J.C's got history with us and we don't always get along, but I love her. She's toothless now and has been since she was four. Vet told us she wouldn't live a long life, but she proved them wrong. She's a pretty lady, and may she live another health thirteen years.

The babies? Heh.

Sabbath; Savage the Beast. She's attacked me more than once, drawn blood, but we love each other. I bug her, she gets her revenge. She was brought home by someone long long ago. She was found at somebodies work, a scared, tiny, black and white kitten. She cried all the time, and got fed for it. Now she's a little fattie, and talks constantly. Sabby loves to tell us about her day! She's a great hunter, and, sadly, brings us little mousie presents everyday. I've only seen her catch two birds to date, and ugh. I can't say I enjoy it! - or condone it!

Dawson is the newest edition. I found him outside our old apartment building, half dead. At first I thought he was dead. I walked by him four times before I crouched down to see if he was alive. He crawled towards me, all skin and bones, then climbed into my lap. He cried so pitifully that I begged my mom to let me bring him home. We did, and J.C. didn't like it much. After a while, he got his shots, got neutured, gained weight and ever since he's been the perfect cat. He loves to cuddle and nuzzle against us to purr, and he always knows when we need cheering up.

Last but not least is Bella the Hedgehog. She is a salt and pepper hedgie who turned three this August. Spence is afraid of her, but her mommy - me - loves her. She's a cuddly ball of prickles, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Her favorite treat is the common chicken dinner, and she loves to run on her wheel. Bella was purchased from a lovely breeder here in Canada.

Those are all of Spencer's siblings...however, yesterday Spencer had a doggy play time. He met several other wonderful dogs in the park, although Chico, a yorkshire terrier, kept snapping at him. I hope if the owner of Chico ever reads this, she doesn't get offended. I love Chico! Spencer had a great time, and it was an awesome socialization thing.

A few weeks back Spence had a play date with my grammas dog, Hiedi. Remind me to post the videos here!

No comments:

Post a Comment