Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Big Paws!

Spencer has a problem with digging, and smacking. I guess it`s not fair to call it a problem because he`s a puppy, and we just got him, but it`s starting to get...difficult. Don`t get me wrong, we`re not freaking out on him or screaming or locking him away or anything like that, haha!

No, it`s just getting annoying. I settled on the floor with him earlier, and he brought his paw right down on my face. If I wasn`t wearing my glasses he probably would have really hurt my eye. I`m trying to break him of this habit, but it`s not working. Does anyone have any tips?

I've started reading different methods for breaking his begging and biting habits - really, they aren't that bad, all things considered, but I want to get him out of it while he's really young.

I've started trading the things he chews on - the cat bed, the cat tree, the bench, the carpet, our shoes - for toys. So, when he grabs something he shouldn't have, I give him his bone or his BunBun, and praise him. So far, it's working to distract him!

Also, cleaned out the living room and put his food and water near the fireplace mantle, in an effort to get him to stop eating catfood. His catfood munching habits haven't changed at all, but I'm hoping they will soon.

I sound like I'm expecting miracles, but I'm not! I know he's just a baby, and that it's going to take a while. Just want to keep updating this blog! It's going to be great to look back in a year, and see how far this boy has come.

Speaking of the boy, he's sprawled out in front of the door, having a puppy nap! Once I'm done watching At the End of My Leash, we're going to go out for an hour. Then, we'll come home and do the dishes.

Except at least one more update before the end of the day, as well as a picture post, if I can get Fido here to sit pretty! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment