Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Husky, Perhaps?

I don't know what it is, but Spence doesn't respond too well to voice commands. This morning - not even an hour ago, haha - I sat down to eat a bowl of soup and he started jumping on me. I kept pushing him off and telling him no, but he didn't care at all. Finally, I got frustrated and snarled at him, teeth and all! I tend to 'growl' (it's a noise in the back of my throat) when I'm aggitated, and it slipped out at him. He flew backwards and started whining, then settled down at my feet and patiently waited for me to be finished. I let him lick the spoon after that. I don't know why he's like that, but using animal noises...he listens to those.

Also, another thing we think is the Husky, is when he's playing with the cats. After they hiss at him, he flattens right to the ground and whimpers/yelps at them.

Any thoughts on the "animal noise training technique"? Should it stay, or should it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment